The Student News Site of Dallastown Area High School

The Beacon

The Student Newspaper of Dallastown Area High School in Dallastown, PA, since 1929.
Breaking News

The Beacon

The Beacon

Prom Night In the Clouds

Dallastown hosted their 2024 Prom night at Wisehaven Events Center
Lilly Wynkoop and Brendan Berk being crowned Queen and King at Dallastown’s Prom

On May 4, 2024, Dallastown High School had their annual Prom dance.

Although the weather wasn’t ideal, students made the best of the rain and had a fantastic night at Wisehaven Events Center.

From 5-9 pm, students danced the night away. There were new decorations put up this year, including a lit up Prom sign, balloons, streamers, and LED lights from the DJ stand.

There was also a newly added, extremely popular photo booth that had a wrap-around line the whole night.

Students had lots of options for dinner including chicken parmesan, penne pasta, a salad bar, and a variety of desserts.

There was definitely more of a trend of blue and purple, more whimsical looking dresses. Popular choices for hairstyles included lots of updos and floral/beaded hair accessories. And of course it wouldn’t be Prom without sparkly heels and statement pieces!

This year was also the first year to have a nominated Prom Queen and King. Everyone who walked into the dance could vote on a paper who they wanted to win as a final decision. Lilliana Wynkoop and Brendan Berk were announced this year’s Queen and King half way through the night. Everybody who was nominated walked the length of the dance floor to the stage where the winners were crowned.

“I think it’s so cool Dallastown started this new tradition!” Exclaims Wynkoop after being crowned.

“It was such an awesome surprise and I still can’t believe it happened, I’m so thankful.”

Every couple and friend group that walked in got their special moment with the camera. Down below, is a featured gallery of some guests who attended this year!