The Student News Site of Dallastown Area High School

The Beacon

The Student Newspaper of Dallastown Area High School in Dallastown, PA, since 1929.
Breaking News

The Beacon

The Beacon

A Day in the Younglife

How does Younglife help inspire and create the best version of you?
DT Younglife Instagram
The Younglife under the stars event!

Out of most organizations that work with the Dallastown Area School District, Younglife is one of the biggest. 

Younglife is an organization that has been established all around the world with one goal. To reach the hearts and minds of people and allow them to grow.

Younglife gives kids an outlet to express themselves and find out who they are and where they want to be. 

what does a day being a part of Younglife look like and how can you apply it to your life?

Younglife has multiple ways that anyone can participate and grow. The biggest one is being a part of the work crew. work crew gives people an opportunity to go to the camps that are set up all across the world and volunteer.

“It gave me a lot of confidence and helped me find my relationship with God,” Aiden Etters says.

You can also participate in the camps and instead of volunteering enjoy the fun and spend time meeting people and finding yourself.

You can join Wyldlife which is a branch of Younglife for the middle school audience and gives kids and chance to express themselves at an early age.

As an upperclassman, you can join Young Leaders which is a branch of Younglife that allows you to take an underclassman under your care and help them throughout school or that school year.

This gives you an opportunity to help young audiences that need help for growth.

Owen Craig said, “The Younglife community is a group of caring and welcoming people that I want to have throughout my future.”

All of the branches aside there are many other valuable reasons for joining Younglife such as boosting confidence skills and leadership skills.

Younglife gives people the tools to help them become a better leader of their generation and spread kindness to the people who need it.

Younglife Leader Weston, Owen Craig, and Aiden Etters pose for their frisbee golf showdown (Austin Miller)

One of the best parts of participating in Younglife is being able to host and grow as a leader. There is no set place that events are hosted at and the leaders host weekly hangouts at their different homes.

Younglife is one of the most impactful things to happen to people’s lives. It helps people of all ages find who they are and what places they want to go in the future.

Younglife helps grow people and create friendships and bonds that last lifetimes.

Aiden Etters says, “Younglife allowed me to find the type of people I want to surround myself with for the rest of my life.”

In the end, Younglife is there for any kid, teen, or adult to spread kindness and joy and help create that version of themselves they want to be.

Younglife inspires people to be better in all aspects of their lives and gives them a chance to express how they want to grow.

Younglife not only creates memories but gives everlasting relationships with not only friends and family but with God.