Skylar Hashbarger

Mr. Schneider has been the Head of the Special Education Department for six years.

Special Education-Andrew Schneider

“This is my 20th year teaching, 17 years with the district.  I started off as a Special Education Teacher here in the district as a Living Support Teacher and transitioned six years ago to the Department Chair in special education,” explained Andrew Schneider.

Schneider also described how he fits into the Special Education Department and works with the other teachers and the students.

“We have 11 Special Education Teachers and 11 Para Professionals in our learning support program.   My main job is to make sure that the teachers are working with the students with special education needs and making sure their needs are being met,” said Schneider

Schneider is especially proud of the resources he is able to provide for his students.

“We have a wide range of students in the school district and a wide range of services to offer the students such as wildcat periods which helps students.  If students have study halls they can come to the learning center that’s where I’m stationed with three staff members to help those students that need intervention plans and support and then in addition to that we have wildcat academy to help support the students who need additional academic interventions.”

While Schneider may have additional responsibilities as a Department Chairperson he still enjoys collaborating with coworkers and helping students.

Schneider explained that his favorite part about being the Department Head is “Working both with the teachers and seeing student successes when they come into the classroom and work with those teachers.”

The Beacon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Beacon
$500
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Beacon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *