Hannah Atkinson

The Special Events and Fundraising Committee organize a Beat Cancer Football game each year. Pictured here the student section is holding up the Four Diamonds symbol For The Kids.

The Makers Behind Mini-THON: Committee Explanations

About 60 students each year work year round to make Mini-THON a night to remember. Applications to join a committees are now available, click to learn about each one so you know what would fit you best.

Mini-THON has been a major High School event since 2014. The 12-hour overnight event is well known for fun games, food, dancing, and guest speakers that touch everyone’s hearts. 

Dallastown Mini-THON raises money year-round for the Four Diamonds Foundation.

The Four Diamonds Foundation is a non-profit organization that raises money and awareness for children and their families suffering from pediatric cancer. They pay for the children’s medical bills in full, provide music and art therapy, have a wonderful support system, and make a stressful situation a little bit better.

This year roughly 60 students in seven different committees worked hard to put together the in-person event on March 4 for the 505 high school students registered. 

Their hard work paid off as they succeeded their $85,000 goal by $35,000 and raised a total of $120,420.38 For The Kids! 

Even though the event is over their work isn’t done. Committee advisors are currently accepting applications for committee members for the next school year. 

We even have a new committee for this upcoming school year named the Business and Community Relations Committee.

Click to read more about each committee that helps Dallastown High School throw one of the biggest events of the year, and if you’re interested click on the link below to apply for the committee you feel is best for you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJX4Stvd1j9bmQ4SJr28xtu2dR2Df06Ja_b4-yYecKkSfs0g/viewform

Finance Committee
Business and Community Relations Committee
Family Relations Committee
Morale Committee
Entertainment Committee
Special Events and Fundraising Committee
Hospitality Committee
Video Production Committee

The Beacon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Beacon
$500
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Beacon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *