Hannah Atkinson

Students hold up the Four Diamonds symbol in the cafeteria while playing a card game. Hospitality brings lots of board games so people can play while they eat!

Hospitality Committee

This committee is in charge of making sure nobody goes hungry throughout the night, they receive lots of help from sponsors, PTO's and other schools, as well as parents throughout the district.

The Hospitality committee is run by Mrs. Klinedinst and Mrs. Pomraning. The Olive Garden, Chick Fil A, Ritas, and much more provided throughout the night is courtesy of this committee. 

Their main mission is to get food and snack donations for Mini-THON, these donations are used to feed the attendees throughout the night. 

This past year there were tons of options. Walking tacos, sloppy joes, wings, bagels, cake, pizza, subs, and muffins were some things that made the menu.

Committee members are in charge of picking up food donations, getting food sponsors, and even helping serve the food during the main event. 

Their other responsibility is decorating the cafeteria for the night of Mini-THON fitting the theme that changed annually.

Klinedinst explains that their hardest job is finding places that are willing to donate. 

“The committee sometimes needs to contact places multiple times before they are able to get in contact with the right person and actually get a donation.” 

However, it’s all worth it when the committee sees students enjoying their food throughout the night.

It’s important to receive donations because their goal is to spend a low amount of money on food so that more money can go to the kids!

Klinedinst loves seeing the entire event come together and getting to appreciate each committee’s hard work. 

“ A lot of people work hard to put the event together and raise money throughout the year. It’s really inspiring to see a group of students raise so much money for a fantastic organization.” 

If you’re a student who loves food, organization, and decorating the hospitality committee is for you!

This year Mini-THONs theme was decades. The hospitality committee used bright neon colors in the cafeteria to decorate and fit the theme. Students could also find giant sized rubix cubes and bright balloons scattered about. (Hannah Atkinson)

The Beacon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Beacon
$500
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Beacon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *