The+entertainment+committee+calls+and+rents+whatever+activities+they+believe+would+be+fun+for+Mini-THON+attendees.+The+bounce+house+is+an+annual+activity+located+in+the+wrestling+room.+

Hannah Atkinson

The entertainment committee calls and rents whatever activities they believe would be fun for Mini-THON attendees. The bounce house is an annual activity located in the wrestling room.

Entertainment Committee

One committee that works hard just a few months before the event is the Entertainment Committee. Every student has several options to keep them busy throughout the night and that is courtesy of this committee.

The Entertainment Committee is run by Mrs. Gaynor and Mr. Hare. The puppy room, bounce houses, craft room, escape room, and athletic tournaments are all organized by this committee. 

Their main responsibility is planning fun events and activities for the night of Mini-THON. They want to make sure there are always activities going on throughout the night from 7 p.m.- 7 a.m. 

Libby May has been on this committee since sophomore year. 

“We work hard to keep the night organized and fun for everyone but the hardest part is making sure there are enough activities to keep people busy all night long.” 

The entertainment committee also tries to switch up the activities each year to continue to make kids excited for the annual event.

This year mini-golf, hair tinsel, video game room, swim sessions, 9-square, and “dance with me” with Hare and Gaynor are just some of the activities that were put on the schedule.

The students and advisors love knowing what activities will take place during the main event before it’s announced to the student body. They take suggestions and work hard to make sure kids get what they want and guarantee everyone has a good time. 

May knew since freshman year that she wanted to join the entertainment committee and she doesn’t regret her decision.

“ I had so much fun my freshman year at Mini-THON and I knew I wanted to be a part of such an incredible organization so I joined Mini-THON as soon as I could. I joined entertainment because I thought the concept would be fun to plan what everyone does for 12 hours. “ 

If you enjoy planning, have a creative mind, and would like to bring your ideas to Mini-THON next year this committee would be a perfect fit. 

Mrs. Gaynor (left) and Mr. Hare (right) held a brand new activity this year called Dance With Me. Students were able to do Just Dance in the wrestling room with some of our Mini-THON advisors during different times of the night. (Hannah Atkinson)

The Beacon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Beacon
$500
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Beacon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *