Kaila Alessi

There are many counselors available for students to talk to about anything including social, academic, and emotional needs.

Counselor Q&A

The life after high school process can be incredibly confusing for some. Luckily there are amazing people here at school who can support their students through the process.

Application after application. Test after test. 

Students are starting to prepare for what they want to do after high school and for many it’s an overwhelming process. 

As high school students our guidance counselors will always be there to help during this process however, they won’t always be there to hold our hands. 

Questions typically flood the minds of students, “do I really want to go to college?”, “is joining the military what I truly want to do?”.

While these are both common questions among students, these two questions cannot be answered by a guidance counselor. Advice is the closest thing to an answer. 

Senior year is an incredibly stressful year but some may say going into your senior year might be even more stressful.

Society expects juniors to have somewhat of an idea of what they want to do after high school. Will they need to take the SAT to get into college or are they going into the military and might feel like the SAT isn’t for them?

Current junior, Anna Smith, has shared some of her concerns. 

“The idea of college both excites and terrifies me because while I will be able to meet wonderful new peers and absorb information, I am being thrown into completely new territory of new techniques and unfamiliar faces in a world I am only beginning to navigate,” Smith said. 

It’s obvious that many students feel this way and it leaves them confused. 

For some students senior year is when they feel more comfortable in saying what they want to do after high school.

Carolin Loughlin shared her opinion about senior year.

“Being a senior and having my plans set makes me excited about the future and confident that I can make it in the field I wanna be in,” Loughlin said. 

Although it takes a long and confusing process to determine an after high school path, there are people in the high school who are there to help and get each student to the position Loughlin finds herself in.

Meet the Guidance Counselors:

Mrs. Cooper
Mrs. Bouchillon
Mrs. Dixon
Mrs. Nobile
Miss Long
Mr. Probert
Mr. Boop
Dr. Wabnik

The Beacon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Beacon
$500
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Beacon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *