Mr.+Probert

Ashley Kenney

Mr. Probert

Mr. Probert

Following high school Mr. Probert attended Lock Haven University for four years with a major in Sociology. He then attended Edinboro University to earn his masters in School Counseling.

Probert has been a guidance counselor for 25 years.

His thoughts on student concerns: “Many students find that they are not prepared for the challenges of living on their own.  For example, students are accessing resources like doctors, financial institutions, and employers for the first time…and many times find it challenging.  I suggest that students engage in these activities and learn to advocate for themselves prior to tackling life on their own after high school”.

Probert recommends any student considering a post-secondary education take the SAT and/or ACT. He shares that many schools are test optional however that may change and having a score is always good if needed.

Students can take the SAT/ACT prep class, use College Board, ACT.org, and Khan Academy.

For students not considering college Probert shares “you do not need to attend a post-secondary school to find success.  The opportunities for non-college going students are endless.  Students entering the workforce should begin preparing early by enhancing their resumes, refining their job search techniques, and even participating in mock interviews when possible.  You want to look for companies that provide you with an opportunity to grow throughout your career”. 

The Beacon • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Beacon
$500
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Beacon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *