Fall Signing Day 2022

The DHS gym was flooded with 11 student athletes being recognized as they select where they will pursue their athletic and academic careers.

Athletes+got+together+to+celebrate+their+own%2C+and+each+others+athletic+accomplishments.+

Theresa Lewis

Athletes got together to celebrate their own, and each others athletic accomplishments.

On Nov. 16, Dallastown High School celebrated its future collegiate athletes with a signing day. This day was made to recognize the hard work and accomplishments of Dallastown’s own athletes. Family, teachers, and coaches came out to celebrate these students.

Some athletes are staying close to home, whereas others are going a little farther South. Read more about these students to learn about their futures!

Conner Barto

Shippensburg – DII Baseball

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Barto has played baseball since he was five years old and plans to major in International Business or Supply Chain management. Besides baseball, Barto also enjoys playing basketball and golf. He is looking forward to getting to know new people in college and having the ability to compete at a higher level.

When asked what was his favorite part of the campus, Barto said, “The baseball field [was my favorite part of campus] because it is new and there’s a lot around it.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Ellie Bailey

Shippensburg – DII Field Hockey

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Ellie Bailey chose Shippensburg because, “Ship has the best education program in the country, which is why I picked it,” Bailey said.

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Gabrielle Fowler

Coppin State University – DI Softball

Baltimore, Maryland

Gabrielle Fowler has played softball since Kindergarten and is planning on going down the business route in college. A hobby of hers outside of softball is traveling. She is most excited to be a part of a team in college and to be able to become a better player.

When asked why Fowler chose Coppin State, Fowler said, “I really liked the campus, the coaches, and they’re really good with my major, and the team atmosphere.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Caleb Fox

Baldwin Wallace University – DIII Boys Lacrosse

Berea, Ohio

Caleb Fox’s biggest support system has been, “My family…they’ve always been there for me, both mentally and in the car, always driving me around to the tournaments that were far away, and paying for my equipment for all my sports,” Fox said.

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Kailey Granger

Bucknell University –  DI Girls Cross Country and Track & Field

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania

Kailey Granger only started running her sophomore year in track and took up cross country seriously her junior year. She plans to major in Engineering and likes to cook, crochet, read, and shoot bow and arrow on the side. She’s most excited to see how fast she can get in her collegiate career and hopes to beat her mom’s 3,000m record at Bucknell.

When asked why she chose Bucknell, Granger said, “[Bucknell] felt like home. I’ve been going there since I was a kid so it just felt like the best fit. ”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Maggie Groh

University of Delaware – DI Girls Soccer

Newark, Delaware

Maggie Groh has been playing soccer since Kindergarten and plans to major in Exercise science with a minor in Spanish. Along with soccer, Groh enjoys playing basketball and traveling. She is most looking forward to challenging herself at one of the highest-level programs and developing relationships with her teammates and coaches.

When asked who her biggest support system was, Groh said, “My biggest support system was my family for always being there for me, paying for my games and club team, and my club coach at PA Classics.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Kyle Hampson

Westminster College – DII Baseball

New Wilmington, Pennsylvania

Kyle Hampson has been playing baseball for 12 years and plans to major in Business Administration. Besides baseball, Hampson pursues weightlifting, cooking, and baking. He is most excited to be a part of a team, compete to win, and work hard in the weight room.

When asked why he chose Westminster, Hampson said, “I really liked the design of the buildings [at West Minster] and the way the campus was laid out, and I got along with all the coaches and teachers.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Owen Morais

Albright College – DIII Baseball

Reading, Pennsylvania

When asked about his favorite part of campus Owen Morais said, “The baseball field [was my favorite part of campus] because it’s in the center of the campus, and I’m going to be spending a lot of time there.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Chandler Powell

Mercyhurst University – DII Baseball

Erie, Pennsylvania

Chandler Powell has played baseball since he was three years old and plans to major in Finance. Off the field, Powell likes to hike, hang out with friends, and go to the gym. He is excited to compete in college and to be around many people who share the same love for baseball.

When asked about his favorite part of campus, Powell said, “The baseball field [was my favorite part of campus], everything about the campus is new, they are getting a lot of renovations, but mainly the baseball field is my favorite.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Zoe Schneider

George Washington University – DI Girls Swimming

Washington, D.C.

Zoe Schneider has been swimming since her freshman year of high school and plans to double major in Political Communications and Journalism. Out of the pool, Schneider enjoys traveling, spending time with her pets, and kayaking. She is most excited to get into a tight-knit group of athletes who share academic drive and athletic excellence.

When asked why she chose George Washington, Schneider said, “GW was the best combination of city life, collegiate swimming, and education that I could ever imagine.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)

Annabelle Wunderlich

Shepherd University – DII Girls Soccer

Shepherdstown,West Virginia

Annabelle Wunderlich has been playing soccer since she was four years old, and wants to pursue a career in physical therapy or be a physician assistant. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family, baking, and working out. Wunderlich is most looking forward to representing her school and creating close bonds with her coach.

When asked what she will miss most about Dallastown, Wunderlich said, “[What I’ll miss most about Dallastown is] mostly the teachers and the friends who I grew up with in elementary school and school soccer.”

DASD (Theresa Lewis)