Game Time Shots

Dallastown Junior, Sienna Seufert captures live moments through her camera for athletes to see on social media after each game
Junior Sienna Seufert spends most of her time on sidelines of Dallastown sporting events.
Photo Submitted

Sienna Seufert has always had a passion for taking pictures.

From the age of 12 she began her journey in photography taking photos at her brothers soccer games.

“I would go to my brother’s soccer games and take pictures using my mom’s camera,” Seufert states.

After high school Seufert plans to go to college and major in elementary education and minor in sports media. She also plans to participate in track and field at the collegiate level.

Although Seufert sticks to track she also has been involved in various sports including dance, soccer, basketball, and gymnastics. 

“I started track in 8th grade and have loved it ever since. I do the 300 meter hurdles, long jump, and pole vault.”

The beginning of Seufert’s journey at Dallastown High School started when she joined the yearbook staff.

Yearbook advisor Mrs. Dallmeyer states, “Sienna has been involved since she walked into my room to talk about the yearbook…so since her freshman year she has been invaluable to the process of having photos for the book each year.  She is literally amazing!”

Sienna Seufert

Since being so involved in sports her love switched over from being involved in the sports to taking photos.

Seufert has a few sports she specifically likes to photograph like, football, basketball, and volleyball.

“These are my favorites because I love the team feel to these sports.  There is a lot of emotion that is shed during these games.  They are all very action packed, and the pictures you can get from them are amazing.” 

Seufert is known to always be a hardworking individual and lots of people rely on her photos to be released after games.

Mrs. Dallmeyer states, “Her pictures rival those of professionals.  She is unafraid to get in there and take pictures.  She seems to be everywhere…adults often ask me for her photos and she is so generous with sharing them with others.”

Seufert’s photos will be included in the yearbook showing off all her hard work this school year. 

With that comes alot of challenges she faces. 

“The biggest challenge for me in photography is trying to always get the best shot. For me, getting the best possible shot and capturing every moment so perfectly is my goal every time I go to an event to take pictures.” I

t may seem as if Seufert just takes photos at events but there’s so much more to it. 

Seufert also spends anywhere from 2-4 hours going through pictures and editing them after every game.

“I always had a passion for it and loved to capture memories for people that will last a lifetime.” Seufert says.