The Student News Site of Dallastown Area High School

The Beacon

The Student Newspaper of Dallastown Area High School in Dallastown, PA, since 1929.
Breaking News

The Beacon

The Beacon

Girls Basketball Recognized For Success

York County President Commissioner sets aside a day to celebrate their league championship.
Lady Wildcat’s pose with York County President Commissioner, Julie Wheeler. (Photo courtesy of DASD Instagram)

March 6 was declared “Lady Wildcats Basketball Team YAIAA Champions Day”by York County President Commissioner, Julie Wheeler. She recognized the team for their successes in the 2023-2024 season. 

Wheeler highlighted the team’s “selflessness, team first mentality, commitment to excellence, and competitiveness they displayed.”

The team’s confidence and chemistry are undeniable on and off the court.

Head Coach Jay Rexroth shared  that the team’s goal this season was to “stay connected as a team on and off the court and continue to improve every day in practice” to see how far they could go as a team.

The team finished their season with a 26-4 record as well as taking home a YAIAA league championship, a PIAA District III  6A silver medal, and PIAA 6A Sweet Sixteen appearance.