The Student News Site of Dallastown Area High School

The Beacon

The Student Newspaper of Dallastown Area High School in Dallastown, PA, since 1929.
Breaking News

The Beacon

The Beacon

Dallastown is the Dream Town

Cheerleaders Making History: Making it to Finals for the First Time and Placing 5th in the Nation
Photo Submitted
The cheer team celebrating around their 5th place UCA Nationals trophy at The Field House. Friends and family gather around to congratulate their hard work.

Dallastown Cheerleaders returned from Nationals, making it to finals for the first time, and placing 5th in the nation in the Medium D1 Varsity Game Day Division.

From Feb. 9-11, they competed in the UCA Nationals, held in Orlando, Florida at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

The team went in doubtful of their placement but ended up placing the highest they have ever done in Dallastown Cheerleading history.

They performed their Game Day routine at the Field House which got them into the history books.

The Wildcats also competed in the Small D1 Varsity Traditional Division making it to quarterfinals in a field of over 100 teams.

Emily Smith, a senior this year on the cheer team reflected on the experience, “Nationals was a good way to end my time with Dallastown Cheer. Being on the finals mat during awards with all my best friends was something I will cherish forever!”

This season will definitely go in the record books for the Wildcats.

Emma Duncan, another senior on the team says, “The experience was honestly like a dream. We have worked so hard and after having Nationals not go the way we wanted it to for the past couple of years made this year even more memorable.”