The Student News Site of Dallastown Area High School

The Beacon

The Student Newspaper of Dallastown Area High School in Dallastown, PA, since 1929.
Breaking News

The Beacon

The Beacon

“The Lightning Thief” Tickets on Sale

Cast and crew agree this year’s musical is unlike anything previously staged at DHS.
The+cast+of+The+Lightning+Thief+laugh+backstage+during+a+rehearsal+for+the+show.+The+show+opens+April+4.+
Kirsten Raab
The cast of The Lightning Thief laugh backstage during a rehearsal for the show. The show opens April 4.

“The Lightning Thief” is coming to Dallastown’s stage on April 4-7. It will take place in the school auditorium and tickets can be purchased by clicking on this link. There are five different show times to choose from and all tickets are $12. 

“The Lightning Thief” is vastly different from last year’s production of “Legally Blonde”, and that’s exactly why Director Amy Anderson chose it. While some may have felt that Legally Blonde was a “girl’s show,” this year’s musical is for all genders- and ages- to enjoy.

“We felt it matched our kids,” Anderson states. “It would maximize our talent.” 

Additionally, Anderson shares that Dallastown is the first school to put on a production of “The Lightning Thief” in York County. 

Many people in the cast and crew would agree the show isn’t what you’d expect. 

Senior Ava Gist, who plays Percy’s mom and the Oracle, says, “It’s more of a rock genre of music.”

Senior Mckenna Spangler will play the lead role of Percy Jackson in her final show at DHS. 

Spangler shares, “Through this show, everyone has been able to look at the world through different eyes, while discussing topics that are not mentioned on a daily basis.”