The Student News Site of Dallastown Area High School

The Beacon

The Student Newspaper of Dallastown Area High School in Dallastown, PA, since 1929.
Breaking News

The Beacon

The Beacon

FBLA Teaches Cyber Safety

In their annual visit to the intermediate school, club members teach how to be a good cyber citizen.
FBLA takes their annual trip to the intermediate school to teach students about cyber safety. Photo via FBLA Twitter

On Feb. 23 business teacher Mr. Donatelli and 20 students in Dallastown’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) club went to the intermediate school to teach fifth graders about cyber safety. 

FBLA club is all about focusing and working with the students who are going into business when they leave school. 

Donatelli and his students visited all of the fifth grade teams in the intermediate school to present the cyber safety lesson.

According to Donatelli “We do this because we like to give back and help others be their best.”

The group goes to the intermediate school every winter to teach about how to be a smart and safe digital citizen. Topics such as social media, cyberbullying, and good passwords were all discussed during the meetings.