Sarah Beck – Field Hockey

Senior+field+hockey+player%2C+Sarah+Beck%2C+was+selected+as+our+Sports+Spotlight+Athlete.++Beck+was+chosen+by+her+peers+for+outstanding+performance+on+the+field.+

Taylor Hicks

Senior field hockey player, Sarah Beck, was selected as our Sports Spotlight Athlete. Beck was chosen by her peers for outstanding performance on the field.

Taylor Hicks, Reporter

Beacon: How many years have you been playing field hockey? 

Beck: “I have been playing field hockey for nine years.”

Beacon: What position(s) do you play?

Beck: “I play offense, midfield, and defense (so basically wherever my coach puts me).”

Beacon: Do you have a favorite memory while playing?

Beck: “My favorite memory was either when my team won division champions with an undefeated season in 2020, or beating Ephrata in overtime last year and making it to the second round of districts.”

Beacon: What are some of your future plans after high school? 

Beck: “After I graduate, I will be attending Liberty University to major in Elementary Education. I will also be playing on Liberty’s Club Field Hockey team.”

Fun Questions:

Beacon: If you played another sport, what would it be?  

Beck: “If I played another sport, I would definitely play rugby. It looks really fun and challenging and those athletes are always extremely fit.”

Beacon: What is your pump up song? 

Beck: “My favorite pump up song is “Could Have Been Me” by The Struts.”

Beacon: If you could host your own game show or TV competition, what would it be? 

Beck: “I would want to be the host of Jeopardy so I would look really smart by knowing all the answers to the questions. I also really like the Jeopardy theme son and a good theme song is very important to a successful show.”