Kira Lynch – Volleyball

Sophomore+volleyball+player%2C+Kira+Lynch%2C+was+selected+as+our+Sports+Spotlight+Athlete.++Lynch+was+voted+by+her+peers+for+her+ongoing%2C+excellent+performances+on+the+court+in+recent+weeks.+

Photos submitted/Graphic Taylor Hicks

Sophomore volleyball player, Kira Lynch, was selected as our Sports Spotlight Athlete. Lynch was voted by her peers for her ongoing, excellent performances on the court in recent weeks.

Taylor Hicks, Reporter

Beacon: How long have you been playing volleyball?

Lynch: “I have been playing volleyball for 4 years.”

Beacon: What made you want to start playing?

Lynch: “I started playing because I wanted to try something new, and I thought I could be good at it.”

Beacon: What do you love the most about playing with a team? 

Lynch: “My favorite part of playing with a team is the energy that everyone has during a game and the new friendships I get to make.”

Beacon: Who do you look up to the most? Do you have any sports heroes? 

Lynch: “I look up to my dad because he’s my number 1 supporter. My sports heroes are my teammates and coaches because they always push me to be a better person and player.” 

Fun Questions: 

Beacon: If you could cancel one of your classes for a day, what game would you play with your class instead?

Lynch: “If I could cancel one of my classes and play a game instead, I would like to play volleyball because it’s my favorite.”

Beacon: Would you rather compete in a dance-off or a karaoke contest and why?

Lynch: “I rather compete in a karaoke contest because I’m really bad at dancing.”

Beacon: What is an invention that doesn’t exist yet, but you would invest one million dollars to help create?

Lynch:I would invest 1 million dollars in a charger that charges your phone to 100% instantly because my phone is always dead.”