Michael Scott – Football

Sienna Seufert/Graphic Taylor Hicks

Senior football player, Michael Scott, was selected as our Sports Spotlight Athlete. Scott was voted by his peers for his stand-out performances on the field in the recent weeks.

Taylor Hicks, Reporter

Beacon: As a multisport athlete, sport is your favorite to play?

Scott: “My favorite sport to play Is definitely football, that is the sport that I fell in love with from the start and that is what I want to do in college.”

Beacon: What is the greatest accomplishment you’ve ever achieved?

Scott: “My greatest accomplishment probably is getting first-team all-county for football last year as a freshman! It’s nothing too crazy or big because I still have a lot to improve on and get better at.”

Beacon: How do you mentally prepare for a game? 

Scott: “What I do to mentally prepare for games is listen to my music, then before the game starts I always call my mom and she prays for me and that is a big factor with me, keeping God first in everything.

Beacon: What pushes you to keep playing? 

Scott: “What pushes me to keep playing is definitely my father. He passed away when I was 7 years old and ever since then I have had a chip on my shoulder and I say everyday that I am playing for him.

Fun Questions: 

Beacon: Do you have any superstitions or pre-game rituals?

Scott: “I don’t really have any superstitions really.”

Beacon: What is your favorite food to eat after a game? 

Scott: “My favorite food to eat after a game is JJ Panda.”

Beacon: What should be an Olympic sport and why? 

Scott: “I feel like football should be an Olympic sport honestly, because you already have all of the other main sports in the Olympics but football which I don’t get.”